Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
Roasted tomatillo salsa. To reduce the heat, remove the seeds and ribs
the serrano chiles.
Yield: About two cups.
|1/2||Onion (cut into four chunks)|
|2||Serrano Chiles (split into quarters, seeds and ribs removed)|
- Remove tomatillo husks and rinse
- Coat tomatillos, onions, and chiles with olive oil and season with salt
- Place in an 8x8 baking dish
- Roast at 375 for one hour, stirring contents occasionally to prevent charring on top
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Add cilantro and puree to desired smoothness